IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click one of those links and make a purchase, we’ll earn a commission. It will not cost you anything additional. We only recommend products, tools and services that we have experience of and which we believe will be helpful to you.
Best Nootropics for 2020. Are you ready for your best year yet? 2020 is here and you want to show up as your best self, so you can make the most of it. How can you set yourself up for success? Nootropics, that’s how.
Maybe you struggle to concentrate, forget more stuff than normal or just feel drained. If these symptoms are increasing, then you could be suffering from mental fatigue. This mental fatigue can result from a lack of sleep, stress, poor diet, or just getting older.
The good news is that researchers in this area have discovered that Nootropics can reverse mental fatigue.
Maybe you’re thinking ‘I don’t have any of these symptoms’, that’s great. But you could still use Nootropics to boost your memory or focus. Maybe you need to bring your A game for exams or a new job. Whatever the driver is Nootropics can help you too.
But where do you start!? How do you find the right Nootropic for you?
Before we start, let’s cover some basics just to make sure we’re all on the same page.….
What are Nootropics?
I’m sure you’ve heard of smart phones. Well Nootropics are smart drugs. Sometimes called cognitive enhancers. They can improve various cognitive functions. Specifically motivation, creativity, memory and executive functions.
Originally Nootropics referred to compounds or molecules that enhanced brain functions. Now the term ‘Nootropics’ is used to describe anything that enhances brain functions, even coffee.
Some Nootropics are produced naturally by the body or are found in food, such as green vegetables. While others are man-made.
Do Nootropics actually work?
Clinical studies have proven that Nootropics can improve thinking, memory, learning, and mood. For example, Gallai (1991) showed that Nootropics positively affect both clinical and neurophysiological performances. Oxiracetam was found effective in improving attention and memory.
Since the 1970s studies have shown that Tyrosine increases plasma neurotransmitter levels in the brain, which improves memory and learning. Especially when the participant was under stress (one to remember for exam time!).
What are the benefits of Nootropics?
Here are some benefits you can experience when you use Nootropics;
- Greater motivation – By releasing epinephrine in the body. Epinephrine boosts both optimism and energy, which has a knock-on effect of increasing motivation too.
- Memory improvement – Clinical studies have shown an improvement in both long-term and short-term memory of articipants taking Nootropics.
- Improved learning – Help people learn new concepts faster.
- More focused – Help you get focused and stay focused.
- Improved verbal acuity – Make it possible to verbalize thoughts quicker and more easily.
- Better mood – L-Tyrosine and Citicoline increase the bodies natural production of dopamine, which heightens mood.
- Reduced stress – L-Tyrosine and Nicotine have been proven to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Faster memory recall – Nootropics improve the speed of recall, as well as improving the quality of memory.
- More relaxed – L-Theanine found in green teas, has a calming effect on the brain.
- Higher alertness – Caffeine and other similar Nootropics improve mental alertness.
As you can see, Nootropics can benefit your mental and physical health in so many ways.
But where do you start? How do you pick the best product for you?
How to choose the best Nootropic?
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ Nootropic pill. First, you need to think about what you hope to achieve by taking Nootropics. There might be a few areas that you want to improve. Which is the more pressing, right now? Better focus? Improved attention? Or do you want to improve your memory?
Before you buy supplements, you need to get clear on your goals. So you can find the best fit Nootropics for your specific needs.
How does ‘Nootropic stacking’ work?
Nootropic stacking is combining different nootropics into one supplement. Ideally, this supplement will have a combination of Nootropics that work synergistically. This enhances the effects of each individual Nootropic.
For example, let’s look at vitamin B-12. B-12 is essential for healthy brain functions, nerve tissue health, and the production of red blood cells. Yet our bodies can’t produce B-12. So we need to supplement it into our diet. We can do this by getting sunlight and eating green vegetables.
Studies have shown that B-12 has a greater benefit when taken with the Nootropic B-6. Then you can add another Nootropic Ginkgo Biloba. This increases blood flow to the brain and makes both the B-6 and B-12 more effective. This is how Nootropic Stacking works.
You can stack yourself or you can buy a pre-made stack in the form of a ready-made pill.
Tips for creating a great Nootropic stack
Let’s look at how to put together the perfect Nootropic stack for your needs:
- Define your goals – As I mentioned earlier, you need to think about what you want to achieve. What are your goals? How will you measure success?
- Research – Make sure you research the Nootropic substances that seem to be a good fit for that specific area. Read the scientific studies to make sure they’re positive.
- Start slowly – When you first take anything you should start slowly. Begin by taking small doses, then increasing as you go along.
- Don’t run before you can walk – Keeping things simple at the start it always best. Over time you can add additional supplements and create more complexity within your stack.
- Try the same ingredient in different forms – Different forms of one Nootropic can cause different effects. Try different forms of ingredients to maximize results.
- Focus on the other aspects of optimization – You want to increase your cognitive capacity, so don’t forget to take care of yourself. Drink enough water, get some exercise daily, reduce your alcohol intake, and make sure you’re investing time in self-care. Even the best supplements will have average results if you neglect yourself.
The other option is to leave it to the professionals and purchase a ready-made nootropic stack.
The best pre-made Nootropic stacks
A pre-made Nootropic stacks combine multiple substances sometimes into one capsule. Or provided in a package of pills. So the stack can improve many areas of cognitive function, without taking multiple tablets.
But which is the best out there? Here are some ideas to get you started. What are the best Nootropics for 2020?
CILTEP® improves motivation, concentration, memory, mood and focus. So it’s a great allrounder.
It’s a natural supplement used to induce long-term potentiation (LTP) in the brain. LTP is a crucial mechanism involved in the formation of new memories and the strengthening of neural synapses.
Each CILTEP® serving (3 capsules) contains:
- Artichoke Extract 900 mg
- Forskolin 20 mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine 750 mg
- L-Phenylalanine 500 mg
- Vitamin B6 5 mg
This daily mood stack is created to balance calming neurotransmitters. It support the body’s natural response to physical stress by dissolving negative thoughts and emotions. These unique and natural formulas offer instant relief during moments of overwhelming stress. For this reason they grab a spot in our pick of the best Nootropics for 2020.
- For creating and sustaining a positive attitude
- Promotes stress relief and relaxation
- Supports mental balance and a sense of well-being
For full-body vitality, clean energy with no crash.
MycoBOOST™ enhances energy and aerobic capacity. Increases oxygenation, and provides more stamina for endurance activities. As well as boosting mental and physical performance. It supports people with a busy lifestyle by maximizing ATP energy production and O2 utilization. Made from medicinal mushrooms, which work synergistically. Research has shown that Cordyceps and Yerba Mate can maximize ATP energy production in the mitochondria. Improving oxygen use in the body.
These two ingredients work to increase energy production at the cellular level. Enhancing the body’s ability to use oxygen during activity. Also to support mental endurance during challenging tasks.
Do you have a pick for the best nootropics for 2020?
Do you have a favorite Nootropic stack? What are your shoutouts for the best Nootropics for 2020? Share them in the comments.